LeeLoo Lounge, Verizon Center - Closed.

I stopped in last Fri. evening on my way home and met with Lorenzo, the manager (who came from Oya), and Max, the proprietor. Nice, swank space. Very short, Latin-inspired menu (fun fact: Max came up with the all the sauces). They don't yet have a wine program but will be starting one, along with a martini menu. Didn't try any food but hope to soon.

I got an email from my condo association announcing that LeeLoo had extended a 10% discount to residents of the neighborhood. And it's a good thing! I just looked at the menu on the web site and it ain't cheap.

Oy, what a mess--at least as a bar. I did not try the food and from the looks of the empty dining room last night, not many people were either. The space is odd and dominated by the bar, with low ceilings and a weird raised alcove. I can't see this becoming my neighborhood hangout.

Walked by today and it's all papered up with For Lease signs. How long did that last? 1 year? I don't know what it is with this spot and the place that's now Muse (RNR Bar, Coyote Ugly, The Rock... did I miss one?) but they can't seem to take root at all.

Walked by today and it's all papered up with For Lease signs. How long did that last? 1 year? I don't know what it is with this spot and the place that's now Muse (RNR Bar, Coyote Ugly, The Rock... did I miss one?) but they can't seem to take root at all.

Lack of foot traffic I would assume (or lack of the right kind of foot traffic - vagrants don't usually hang out at lounges, but do love the neighboring Burger King). 6th is a slow street in Chinatown, especially considering this spot is smack in between some condo building and the Metro office building, both which have no ground floor retail. Its only busy on that block before and after a game or concert at the VZ.

Lack of foot traffic I would assume (or lack of the right kind of foot traffic - vagrants don't usually hang out at lounges, but do love the neighboring Burger King). 6th is a slow street in Chinatown, especially considering this spot is smack in between some condo building and the Metro office building, both which have no ground floor retail. Its only busy on that block before and after a game or concert at the VZ.

All true, but the new building on 6th for that law firm is going to add (once finished) a few hundred more bodies to the mix both at lunch and after work. And from a business perspective, hundreds of lawyers= great for business. I think in time that side of the VZ Center will develop its niche. I frankly don't think there's much to draw people over there- none of the concepts mentioned were particularly appealing to most people.

I live in that neighborhood. It's the perfect place for a speakeasy, there's already a viable nightclub ("Muse") on the block. Also, the Buddha Bar is coming to 5th and Mass Ave, so that is another destination bar in the area.

There are very involved residents on that block though, so some Rules and Regulations, similar to what Milk & Honey in New York requires might be in order to preserve the peace, order, and quiet.

Otherwise, I don't think it will do well as, say, a jumbo slice operation.