Hm... OK. The gelato cart is behind 308 (our section), when it is open, which is not always. Will have to check what that flavor is!

Our first game, 2 weeks ago now, we got sandwiches at Roaming Rooster. Fine, but had been sitting a little tooooooo long. May be eating papusas a lot again this year. I miss the dumplings.

Here's WaPo's annual article detailing Nats Park's 2023 concessions. On the plus side: new Kosher cart, Char Bar, in Right Field plaza serving "pulled beef brisket, falafel sliders, hot dogs, potato wedges and potato knishes." On the downside: fewer District Drafts carts offset by self-serve canned beer outlets (if they're like the ones at OPACY - they'll have all the characteristics of a 7-11). 

Just a side note. Nourish Now (based in Rockville) works with Levy Foods to recover all unused food from events at National's Park to distribute to local veteran's homes and homeless shelters.

I am on the board of directors. Our annual fundraising gala will be at Avenel Country Club on June 10th.

• Like 5

Been to the park twice so far this season and we are going again on Sunday. Prices have gone up even further, and the food is just not worth it. And ohmigawd the beer prices! So, I'm hoping to be able to bring snacks and water, and buy one beer a game. Also, still no cash (I expect it will be that way forever and ever amen), which is annoying. And the bag rules.... I love baseball. I love going to games. MLB sure is trying to change that!

• Like 2

I haven't tried carrying food in recently, but when I checked the rules because I thought I might have extra restaurant food with me (I didn't), I'm not quite sure how you even hand carry much stuff in. What qualifies as "single-serving food items" per their policy?

I haven't tried any of the food concessions yet, but my friend had a bad experience at Shake Shack, which is surprising, given how good their customer service typically is.

Beer prices are nuts, but the self-serve cooler setup actually works quite well.

And, I agree, cash will not be coming back.

On 4/15/2023 at 5:37 PM, Pat said:

Update: My husband met me at the game last night and brought in 2 pizza slice boxes from Whole Foods and a bottle of water. He had no trouble at all.

We have had no issues with food carried in either - just have to have it in those little clear NOT BACKPACK bags.

There was a good number of articles in the Washington Post Weekend section (4\28) regarding Nationals Park including local restaurants, bars and what you are able to bring in on your own. I am sure that you can find the information online.