On 9/18/2018 at 11:06 AM, bookluvingbabe said:

We have indulged in PNC Club seats twice this season when Scherzer was pitching.  He is the pride and joy of BL-6th grader's fantasy baseball team.  The first time, in early August, was perfect.  Great seats, and not terrible pricing if I wait to the last minute and don't bring Mr. BLB. 

But the second time, on Labor Day, was less than stellar.  Tables cleared of plates of food while we were still eating. One plate removed while I was chewing.  It was miserably hot and they could not keep up with ice and cold water.  The brunch offerings weren't as good as the dinner offerings. 

It was nice to have an a/c place to cool off though.  But next game we will be back in the 400s....

I do like hearing of other kids with fantasy baseball teams!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Genevieve said:

I do like hearing of other kids with fantasy baseball teams!

Mr. BLB and I met in our fantasy baseball league.  We've been taking BL-6th grader to the auction since he was 8 and he's had a team since he was 9.  We're total baseball nerds.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2018 at 2:18 PM, bookluvingbabe said:

Mr. BLB and I met in our fantasy baseball league.  We've been taking BL-6th grader to the auction since he was 8 and he's had a team since he was 9.  We're total baseball nerds.

Nice! I am the parent of a baseball nerd (now a freshman in college) who's been co-commissioner of his fantasy baseball and football teams for a few years.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2018 at 2:18 PM, bookluvingbabe said:

Sigh...I miss the thrill of in-person fantasy baseball auctions.  For several years on a Saturday in March, some law school classmates and I would meet up in NYC for ours.  The trash talking and bidding up other people's favorite players was so enjoyable.  But then everyone started getting married, having kids, etc. and the league died.  I've played fantasy baseball since 1992 and been in online leagues with the same folks from around the world who I still haven't met IRL for 25+ years now.  Things have really changed from the days of scoring by hand after waiting for our copy of USA Today's Baseball Weekly to arrive at the front door.  Now I spend just as much time on daily fantasy, which requires a whole different skill set from season-long and is just as fun if not more.  In some ways, DFS has made me much better at season-long (and, in other ways, worse).

This news piece and the in depth article to which it is linked might get you to think twice about the food at Nats Park let alone  any stadium venue in the US or Canada.  A similar article was published a bit ago in Sports Illustrated.

12 hours ago, DaveO said:

This news piece and the in depth article to which it is linked might get you to think twice about the food at Nats Park let alone  any stadium venue in the US or Canada.  A similar article was published a bit ago in Sports Illustrated.

Wow, just wow. The in depth article was tough to read. With Valerie Camillo heading to Philadelphia, I hope the Nationals organization understands the level of commitment necessary to keep the Park "experience" of value and staffs accordingly. Having someone else represent in her stead at Winterfest was an inkling change was afoot. Valerie is trading her old job as the Nationals' Chief Revenue and Marketing Officer to become Comcast Spectacor's new President of Business Operations and will oversee the Flyers and Wells Fargo Center. 

Although this isn't exactly food related - it might affect your food carrying plans. Most of us were braced for the Nationals to follow the football and soccer stadiums' example and ban all bags except transparent, plastic ones. This season may be the half-step in that direction with backpacks being banned (exceptions with permission: diaper bags & ADA/medical equipment). Announcement here / Detailed policy here

NatsNoBackpacks.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2019 at 12:38 PM, Lydia R said:

backpacks being banned

Which stinks. I hate security theater.

This is similar to what has happened at Capital One Arena this season.  No bags bigger than 14x14 are allowed.  

Its been a pain for me (when I walk to games after work, having to leave my bag in the office) but I guess its just the new normal unfortunately.