Pete's Apizza, New Haven-Inspired Pizza in Four Area Locations with Delivery

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stopped at Pete's after a sad trip to Friendship animal hospital. Neither of us wanted to cook. So, he had a slice of sausage and mushroom and I had a slice of pepperoni. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc, a

I have to disagree, from the get go I found the crust at Pete's to be more akin to cardboard than pizza dough (up thread I wrote as much). I had hoped that it was because the slices were reheated, but

I don't get the love. For a few months this winter I ate a lot of Pete's (take out and delivery) and now don't need to for a long, long time. I don't dislike it, per se, but I don't get the love. G

Posted Images

I started going there some months ago and found their pizza by the slice pretty good.  Sometimes a little too cheese-y sometimes a little too dry and old.  I got to asking when they made the pie so I wouldn't make that mistake again.  Noticed it was never very busy even during prime lunch hours.  I liked their black cherry fountain soda very much.

• Like 1

Stopped at Pete's after a sad trip to Friendship animal hospital. Neither of us wanted to cook. So, he had a slice of sausage and mushroom and I had a slice of pepperoni. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc, a glass of chardonnay. We like their pizza, and miss the Columbia Heights location.

• Sad 5
4 hours ago, saf said:

Stopped at Pete's after a sad trip to Friendship animal hospital. Neither of us wanted to cook. So, he had a slice of sausage and mushroom and I had a slice of pepperoni. A glass of Sauvignon Blanc, a glass of chardonnay. We like their pizza, and miss the Columbia Heights location.

Sorry about fur baby.  Never good.  With regard to Pete's, and I have not been there in ages, I liked that you could do two different toppings on a fresh pie.  The kids could get something simple and the adults could get more fun stuff.  I usually do not like the rolled up pizza thing as they under cook it.  Not sure if they have worked that out.  My aunt is in Penn and the stromboli is awesome- so maybe I am picky.