KBQ, Kerry Britt's Fantastic Barbecue Reopen in Woodmore Towne Centre in Glenarden - Closed on Dec 20, 2016

They *did* have a smoker at the old strip mall location, which I also thought a bit unusual. I'm hoping they were able to arrange for one at the new location, rather than smoking off-site and bringing the cue in.

Huh. I was under the impression that the ribs were cooked off-site at the old location.

Disappointed that they weren't able to land in DC proper, as they had hoped, but thrilled to hear they will be back in business.

An odd location - where are they going to put a smoker there - but when they were on they had the finest ribs in the area.

Between bureaucracy and rent prices this was not in the cards. I'm sorry to hear it is going to take eight weeks to open; a lot happens in two months. This is a family business who deserves support.

Locate right next to Ikea or Costco on Rt1, and call it a day.

Well, Kerry listened, and located near a Costco, just the one off the Beltway near 202. If people spot it as they go to or from Costco or Wegmans, he'll do fine. I do wonder how often people go grocery shopping and also pick up lunch or dinner on the way home. I like to hunt and gather in separate missions for some reason. Having enjoyed his ribs and brisket early on at his former location, though, I will do both there.

Anyone have any updates on KBQ and Woodmore?  We're now 16 weeks past the point when 8 weeks was advertised and, while that's totally unsurprising given....well that always happens to everyone trying to open anything in this town...we need KBQ back!   Anyone live nearby and maybe see a sign?  Literal or figurative?  The facebook page to which DanielK linked months ago doesn't seem to be up anymore and Kerry's website doesn't have anything new.

The developer's site doesn't list KBQ as "coming soon" like it does MadFox.  Bad sign?

Need. great. ribs.

Reopened over the weekend, according to their Facebook page.

Daniel, you should write them and advise them to open up their (closed) Facebook page - there's no good reason for a business website to be closed to the public eye (or at least none that I know of).

I tweeted you here; I'm not sure how I missed this earlier.

KBQ was closed from Sep, 2012 - Apr, 2014. That's 17+ months for a mom-'n-pop business which is crushing. This is great barbecue that could probably use as much business as they can get. Kerry Britt did not forget how to smoke ribs during the interim; they just need to get their groove back.

I might head there next weekend to give them my support.

• Like 1

I had a nice meal there with very good ribs.  The ribs have a nice chew but not much bark.  The seasoning was a little underdone and is not the classic Texas salt & pepper rub, but my standard for BBQ is Tennessee BBQ.  The service was particularly pleasant.  

I had a nice meal there with very good ribs.  The ribs have a nice chew but not much bark.  The seasoning was a little underdone and is not the classic Texas salt & pepper rub, but my standard for BBQ is Tennessee BBQ.  The service was particularly pleasant.  

I prefer some good bark, too. More importantly, I prefer a lot of smoke. Buz & Ned's in Richmond has an amazing amount of smoke in its ribs - I'd like to see where KBQ is on this front because I have not been back since they re-opened. Need to fix that soon!