Bars/Restaurants with Non-Alcoholic Beverages?

Anyone know of restaurants and bars in the DC area that serve Non-Alcoholic beverages? Was at Bar Pilar, Cork and Circa recently, neither of which had NA options - I'm talking NA wine / NA beer. I was somewhat surprised at this, but have never really taken notice. Also, is there a legality issue with bringing in NA beer/wine if an establishment does not serve?

I would have thought that most places would have at least one NA beer option, even if not on the menu. I've heard in LA many places have NA offerings, and I hope this will become the case in DC as well, if not already. Seems like the right thing to do. Thx!

I'm not sure here, but I think you're very unlikely to find N/A beer in most establishments. If you're not drinking booze, most places assume you'll go for juice, soda, coffee, or water instead. And in almost every case, they're right. Unless you're in a beer bar, O'Doul's is likely to be the only available option.

Until reading this post, I had never heard of N/A wine. ;)

Anyone know of restaurants and bars in the DC area that serve Non-Alcoholic beverages? Was at Bar Pilar, Cork and Circa recently, neither of which had NA options - I'm talking NA wine / NA beer.

Uh, wouldn't it be something like this? DB_welchs.jpg

Isn't the phrase "non-alcoholic wine" an oxymoron?
Not surprised that you mock de-alcoholized wine. I've always been disappointed by your de-alcoholized wine selection. And now I finally get to air my views in public. I mean, you carry Ariel when everyone knows Fre is so much better. Geeez, Mark. Stop spending so much time on less important wines like Bordeaux and Riesling.

P.S. This is not meant to actually mock people who can't drink wine for whatever reason but to make fun of a Citronelle guest that told Mark he didn't serve the "finest" de-alcoholized wine. As Mark says, "You can't make this stuff up."

Yee of little faith. Ferhat got hold of one of these bottles a few years ago when we were both at corduroy. I think it is only a little less $$ than fermented juice (wine). I've not run across juice from other producers, but i'm sure it's out there. Bottled juice, cork and all. Ferhat, where'd you get the Navarro juice in DC? ;)

http://www.navarrowine.com/shop/productdetail.php?prodid=701

Most nicer restaurnats carry one or 2 N/A beers, I currenly carry Caulister, but they have a dark also, and Kaliber comes to mind.

Dave

Yee of little faith. Ferhat got hold of one of these bottles a few years ago when we were both at corduroy. I think it is only a little less $$ than fermented juice (wine). I've not run across juice from other producers, but i'm sure it's out there. Bottled juice, cork and all. Ferhat, where'd you get the Navarro juice in DC? ;)

http://www.navarrowine.com/shop/productdetail.php?prodid=701

Most nicer restaurnats carry one or 2 N/A beers, I currenly carry Caulister, but they have a dark also, and Kaliber comes to mind.

Dave

I couldnt find a store or any of the wine reps who has the navarro juice in DC area. I got them online from their website and it is very easy. they ship cross country.