J. Wen Farms and Dairy

Today was the first day at the market for J. Wen Farms and Dairy from Harrisonville, PA, selling creamline milk, heavy cream and chocolate milk. their product is seriously underpriced ($2 for a pint of heavy cream, $3 for a quart). I suggested that they stop at Whole Foods after the market and see what Trickling Springs milk and cream are selling for. I suspect their prices will be higher next week. Bruce from Eco-Friendly came over to buy some milk as I was making my purchase, and also told them their prices were too low.

I think this is actually their 3rd or 4th week. I've not tried anything but their whole milk. I'm happy it's there. But it's definitely not of the quality Adam Cook had, at least in terms of richness and mouthfeel. And I'd like to know if anyone else who buys their milk doesn't think it lasts as long as it should. It's something I plan to ask them about. I don't think it's wrong to expect the milk to last a full 7 days if it's kept cold from purchase to home through consumption. J. Wen's has not lasted that long for me. BTW, half gallon of milk is $3.50. Comes in plastic. (Perhaps that has something to do with how long it lasts?)

After a few month layoff they are back at the Arlington market. This morning they had some milk, all homogenized unfortunately. Next week he said they would have cream line, and would soon be using glass bottles. Either way it's nice to have milk options again.