"Safe Yet Interesting" Restaurants

MBK

Help! Need a decent place to eat near Tysons for this evening - unadventurous diners (Chinese is about as adventurous as they'll go) but I'm involved too so would love for it to be at least somewhat interesting. Am afraid Korean or Persian (per the dining guide suggestions) might be too "out there".

If "safe" is what you are looking for, then the chain restaurants in Tysons Galleria (or Tysons II) are pretty reliable. I've had a nice meal at Brio Tuscan before. There's also Wildfire at Tysons II that has gotten pretty nice reviews.

HTH

Well, I was hoping for vaguely more interesting than the chain restaurants. Something that out of town visitors who are used to chains won't be scared of, but that I'll still be happy with. Not sure if that exists...

Thanks, though - we may wind up at one of your suggestions...

Persian (per the dining guide suggestions) might be too "out there".

Shamshiry, the Persian restaurant, is known for their kabobs, even my "Celebrate their Anniversaries at Outback" relatives are not intimidated by Kabobs. It is the kind of place where they can be comfortable while still being a little exotic.

Bazin's and Shamshiry are both good calls (Don't be afraid of Shamshiry; it's just grilled meat (be afraid, however, of the absence of alcohol). Reservations at Bazin's are essential). Not sure if The Palm is in your price range. Consider also Coastal Flats, the cafe at Nordstrom (not as good as it used to be), and Sakura for hibachi (get the chicken-liver appetizer if you go; you'll be the only one there eating it, but hey). Tysons 2 has a lot of chains (Cheesecake Factory, P F Chang's, Maggiano's, Legal Seafood, etc.). Idylwood Grill is only a mile down Route 7 East (turn right on the street after Whole Foods) and meets your criteria.