Best Frozen Pizza

Joe H

Bellatoria which is a "roadshow" pizza being offered for the week (Saturday is the LAST day) at the Costco in Sterling. I believe there are NO other Costcos which stock this-it is ONLY the Sterling location. I am eating a slice as I type this and I (who raves about Sally's, Pepe's, Bebo, American Flatbread, Il Pizzaiola (Firenze), da Michele (Napoli) etc.) cannot believe that I like this enough to post about it. But it is good. Actually, it is real, real good. Embarassingly good. And, as I understand it, because it is a "roadshow" if they don't sell enough they won't carry it again. Ever!

Go buy this damned frozen pie!!!!!! Now. Tonight. Today. And buy a lot of it!!!! It's three boxes for $10.99...note the shame as I type this: three boxes for $10.99...for frozen pizza. Whoa!!!! (Can cheap and frozen really taste THAT good?)

Have I really sunk this low? Can any pizza, any f-r-o-z-e-n pizza be worth such humiliation?

Well, actually....now that I've taken another bite...yes. It's a damned good pie, frozen or not! http://www.bellatoriapizza.com/products_intro.htm

Unfortunately, Costco stopped selling this years ago -- but for those who are e-VIC members, Harris Teeter is selling them for $3.27 each through Tuesday.  I forgot how good these were, by frozen pizza standards.

It has been years, maybe over a decade since I last had a Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. But I bought a box of two the other day, and last night, it was late and I wanted something, so I heated one up. They're just like I remember. I didn't want to get a whole 'za for myself from a take out place because I knew I'd be tempted to eat more than I needed. Not bad for frozen food.

It has been years, maybe over a decade since I last had a Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. But I bought a box of two the other day, and last night, it was late and I wanted something, so I heated one up. They're just like I remember. I didn't want to get a whole 'za for myself from a take out place because I knew I'd be tempted to eat more than I needed. Not bad for frozen food.

I haven't had Stouffer's in years. Many memories of blisters on the roof of my mouth. Man, those things can hold some heat!

• Like 3

I haven't had Stouffer's in years. Many memories of blisters on the roof of my mouth. Man, those things can hold some heat!

Yes, and I foolishly forgot that fact and underestimated the thermal output and...burned the roof of my mouth. :o  Fortunately it only took a day to heal. :)

• Like 1