Michel Patisserie, Delivery Macarons

Andelman

I hope the "other products" will include macarons.

If you want to taste the best Frech macarons in the DC area go here:

www.michelpatisserie.com

Michel actually uses my kitchen here to make his macarons, as he does not have a storefront yet. I guarantee they are the best in the area and equal (if not better) than what you will find in Paris. In fact, I am enjoying some right now....

If you want to taste the best Frech macarons in the DC area go here:

www.michelpatisserie.com

Michel actually uses my kitchen here to make his macarons, as he does not have a storefront yet. I guarantee they are the best in the area and equal (if not better) than what you will find in Paris. In fact, I am enjoying some right now....

Wow. I'm in big trouble, if they're as delicious as they sound.

I ordered a sampler box from here. They totally kick Patisserie Poupon's @$$. The passionfruit is very striking with passionfruit cookie and a sort of chocolate-blended ganache. I had no desire to share the French vanilla flavor, and the caramel fleur de sel has a very pleasing burnt caramel flavor. Complex, perfect filling to cookie ratio, and great cookie texture. I am still slowly working my way through the remainder of the box. Definitely would make a great gift.

I tried these a couple of weeks ago and they were amazing. I got a sampler of six flavors: mint, caramel, chocolate, raspberry, lemon, and coffee. I had every intention of sharing these jewel toned treats but didn't quite have the self control. The flavors were bright and fresh. The mint flavor tasted of fresh mint leaves rather than peppermint oil and the caramel macaron is a must try for anyone who is a fan of salted butter caramels. These would be a lovely hostess gift for those upcoming holiday soirees.

Let me pile on- -these are the real deal, after having sampled (and of course loved) La Duree and Pierre Herme in Paris, these are absolutely the closest to the 'real thing' I've experienced in this country. And let me (and I have zero affiliation) also put in a plug for how friendly and flexible Michel is- -I put in an order for a 24 piece assortment on Saturday morning, well after the "deadline" for a weekend order, only to get an email within minutes of placing it that my special request would not be a problem - - my macarons were ready for pickup at Artisan that afternoon and were a huge hit. The assortment of colors and the packaging make a huge hit but the texture and flavor of these babies seals the deal. I need to ask about a variegated (sp?) white and red cookie that was in my assortment today- -the filling seemed to be raspberry but not sure what the second flavor was. In any event, I can't recommend Michel highly enough.

W

Now Olivia Macaron http://www.oliviamacaron.com/ looks like he isn't making his other bake goods currently

He opened last month in Georgetown (3222 M St, NW across from the Dean and Deluca). Anyone been?

Today.  I was just going to post.

I didn't buy any--$2 each for standard flavors seemed too expensive to me.  (I've been spoiled by Sweet Lobby and their interesting flavors.) The space is small but cute.  It isn't easily seen from the street and I thought their chalkboard sign was Dean and Deluca's at first.

Serving Intelligentsia Coffee.

Now I regret not trying one.

(This makes 3 places to buy macarons in Georgetown.  Dean and Deluca is selling Sweet Lobby macarons.  There is the Macaron Bee on Wisconsin near Reservoir and now this.  Still just one pie place though!)