Pasara Thai, Chef-Owner Pasara in Three Northern Virginia Locations

Was walking to work this morning and noticed the obligatory "Opening Soon" signage for Pasara (sp?) Thai on Connecticut Ave...opening up next to Julia Empanadas and the Lucky Bar.

I wonder if it's related to Pasara Thai in Kingstowne, which is pretty good.

I've ordered from Dupont Pasara several times now (it's conveniently next to my office) and it's...OK. So far I've tried tom yung goong, tom kha gai, pad prik king, som tom, drunken noodles, pad thai, and larb. The flavors are muted - I suspect not enough fish sauce - but they get props for not skimping on the fresh herbs.

If anyone can suggest better Thai south of Dupont, I'd be willing to try it.

If anyone can suggest better Thai south of Dupont, I'd be willing to try it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Most of the Thai restaurants around Dupont are north of the circle. Regent Thai is a 10-15 minute walk up 18th.

For Asian flavas close by, best bet is Malaysia Koptium on M Street.

I had lunch today at Pasara Thai, only it was at 1051 Jamieson Avenue in Alexandria, across King Street from the Masonic Temple. I don't think it is the same place as discussed a long time ago in this topic.

This Pasara Thai had a very good pad kee mao (Drunken Noodles) of substantial proportion for a lunch entree, and with a nice medium spicy kick. The flavors came together nicely. It stuck with me through the afternoon. Very nice.

(DonRocks is good at this kind of sleuthing, so I'm sure he'll figure out if these places are related, or if they all still exist.)

6 hours ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

I had lunch today at Pasara Thai, only it was at 1051 Jamieson Avenue in Alexandria, across King Street from the Masonic Temple. I don't think it is the same place as discussed a long time ago in this topic.

This Pasara Thai had a very good pad kee mao (Drunken Noodles) of substantial proportion for a lunch entree, and with a nice medium spicy kick. The flavors came together nicely. It stuck with me through the afternoon. Very nice.

(DonRocks is good at this kind of sleuthing, so I'm sure he'll figure out if these places are related, or if they all still exist.)

Kibbee,

Pasara Thai (Chef Pasara is the Executive Chef) closed in Dupont Circle, and currently has locations in Kingstowne, Old Town, and Ashburn - their website claims four locations, but I believe that might be an error - it appears to be three (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

• Like 1