Something Unusual

I'm doing my level best to make it to the picnic this year. I was thinking I'd grill up my world famous spice-rubbed chicken wings, but maybe I should do something different.

One of the perks of my job that I've taken very little advantage of, is access to anything our product buyers can get their hands on. So I asked our meat dude what he thought. Veal cheeks? Pork jowls? Pork belly? Veal skirt? Tongue? Sweetbreads? Wolverine lips?

Does anyone have any preferences or ideas? It'd have to be fairly straightforward to cook since I won't have tons of time to deal with this, and I'll need to use someone's grill-space to finish the cooking. I was thinking of something along the lines of a 3 day cure on some pork belly, an overnight braise, chill, and then slap some grill marks on at the picnic.

Also, I might need a ride from the King St metro station, so help there would be cool. Or, better yet, if you're coming from the Rockville area, you could pick my ass up!

Let me know whatcha think!

Al

I'm doing my level best to make it to the picnic this year. I was thinking I'd grill up my world famous spice-rubbed chicken wings, but maybe I should do something different.

One of the perks of my job that I've taken very little advantage of, is access to anything our product buyers can get their hands on. So I asked our meat dude what he thought. Veal cheeks? Pork jowls? Pork belly? Veal skirt? Tongue? Sweetbreads? Wolverine lips?

Does anyone have any preferences or ideas? It'd have to be fairly straightforward to cook since I won't have tons of time to deal with this, and I'll need to use someone's grill-space to finish the cooking. I was thinking of something along the lines of a 3 day cure on some pork belly, an overnight braise, chill, and then slap some grill marks on at the picnic.

Also, I might need a ride from the King St metro station, so help there would be cool. Or, better yet, if you're coming from the Rockville area, you could pick my ass up!

Let me know whatcha think!

Al

I never thought I would see the day when I thought it was more likely that I'd think that it's more likely to see Rocks at the picnic than you!

I'm voting for Pork Belly Please!!!!!! ;):):(

Oysters are out of season. Why not bull testicles instead?

I could probably get some. And I guess I'd be happy to cook 'em. It's just that I doubt I'd eat 'em.

I saw a good lookin' pork belly recipe on that fucking pop-up-ad-happy epicurious dot fucking com:

belly

HillValley-- Rocks has always gotten around more than I do! I don't get out much, given my advanced years and such.