Columbia Pike Farmer's Market

I just saw an ad on the Arlington PA channel for the "Columbia Pike Farmer's Market". I am not familiar with it and didn't even know there was one there. Anyone ever been to it? It's supposedly at the corner of Columbia Pike and S. Walter Reed.

Yeah, we've been there quite a few times (not yet this year, however). It's fairly small, but they have some decent stuff. It is a good alternative if you miss the Courthouse Farmers Market on Saturday morning (Columbia Pike is on Sunday). That being said, I would probably head into DC on Sunday and go to Dupont for a much larger selection of items. So, to summarize, good if you are in the area on Sunday (and don't want to trek in DC), however, not really worth a special trip.

Went to the Columbia Pike market last Sunday and was pleased with the selection of goodies. After our failed attempt to get to Courthouse on Saturday morning, the plentiful parking and lack of crowds was pleasant. Lots of produce vendors, one meat vendor (Smith Meadows, I think), bread/quiche/baked goods, coffee, and the dairy people who are at Courthouse (J. Wen).

It's still fairly small, but it's quaint & cozy, similar to the Del Ray market. This year, there are still many produce vendors, 2 meat vendors (Cibola & Smith Meadows), 1 dairy (J. Wen), 2 bakeries (Bonaparte on a small scale & Grace, I think), 1 homemade salsa company (it looked realllllly good), 1 VA truffle man (also at FC on Saturday), 1 Hondo coffee, 1 honey vendor, and perhaps a few more that I can't remember.

I just saw an ad on the Arlington PA channel for the "Columbia Pike Farmer's Market". I am not familiar with it and didn't even know there was one there. Anyone ever been to it? It's supposedly at the corner of Columbia Pike and S. Walter Reed.

I have not been there this year yet, but last year we stopped at that FM almost every Sunday. Because we were coming after church and brunch we would get there almost at the closing time, when sellers were selling veggies at half price or less. I guess there are no FM for them to go to on Mondays. zora

Stopped by the CP market yesterday morning and picked up a ton of good stuff including scapes for tonight's stir fry. There are probably only 4 big vegetable vendors there each week, but the variety and quality of the produce is excellent. Peaches are rolling in and they are delicious. I also like this one bread / pastry vendor. Bought 2 huge and super tasty almond croissants to enjoy with a certain someone on my balcony with a cup of coffee. I love that I'm across the street and can do that.

Other vendors included Cibola farms for buffalo and pork, another ridiculously overpriced organic meat vendor, honey guy, salsa woman, dairy vendor, and some craft people. It's not a destination market by any stretch of the imagination, but a great neighborhood FM.