Reston Town Center

This year, there's a new Farmer's Market in Reston at RTC. Here are the details:

Smart Markets at Reston Town Center is every Thursday, 3:30 - 7 pm. May 1 - November 20.

Last week was the first week. Hopefully it will improve with time and will be able to coexist peacefully alongside the Lake Anne Farmer's Market.

I braved the rain this week to visit again. A greater assortment of vendors was out, along with the folks from last week. One welcome addition was the people from Endless Summer Harvest (http://esharvest.com/) in Purcellville. If you aren't familiar with them, they grow purely hydroponically. I picked up a head of lettuce and both regular and Thai basil from them.

I chatted with them for a bit and they told me they'll only be doing the RTC Farmer's Market this year and they'll not be doing Lake Anne anymore. So if you're a fan of Endless Summer Harvest, you'll have to see them at RTC or another of their markets from now on.

Everyone had a lot more this week. The herbs are coming in, there were a lot more greens, and onions, and I honestly think that last week's turnout convinced the vendors they could bring a more varied selection. I'm looking forward to seeing this develop!

(PS: if you're short on cash, there's a BB&T ATM right next to the green where the market sets up)