Where should I shop for a wine rack

lperry

I need a wine rack for a basement area, so I want something that won't gather a lot of dust (no big wood frame), and makes it easy to see the wine, and will hold a hundred bottles or so with the possibility of making it larger in the future. What I *really* want is one like the modular metal grid rack that was in the back of the living room on the set of early AbFab episodes. However, the one metal grid rack I found online has to mount to the wall, and we can't do that in this space. Yeah, I know, I don't ask for much. ;)

Thoughts? Ideas? Can I go local on this one? I'd like to do that over the internet.

-Linda

I need a wine rack for a basement area, so I want something that won't gather a lot of dust (no big wood frame), and makes it easy to see the wine, and will hold a hundred bottles or so with the possibility of making it larger in the future. What I *really* want is one like the modular metal grid rack that was in the back of the living room on the set of early AbFab episodes. However, the one metal grid rack I found online has to mount to the wall, and we can't do that in this space. Yeah, I know, I don't ask for much. ;)

Thoughts? Ideas? Can I go local on this one? I'd like to do that over the internet.

-Linda

If you want some wooden cubes (not as high-quality as what's shown in the picture), I'll give you a couple (each holds 100 or so). They're pretty old, but they'll work well enough. Just let me know.

-Linda

Wine Enthusiast has plenty of all sizes. They ship, too.

What I use -- click

These look nice. I forgot to mention that I'm having to share the storage area with my photographer BF, and he has so much gear that I really need to maximize space. These have so much open space that I would feel like I'm wasting space. Although they can be had locally, and the price is certainly right.

If you want some wooden cubes (not as high-quality as what's shown in the picture), I'll give you a couple (each holds 100 or so). They're pretty old, but they'll work well enough. Just let me know.

Thanks! I may take you up on that. I need to get back down there tonight and do a little measuring. The biggest issue, apart from saving space, was that we didn't want something really nice in the basement where various and sundry basement things could happen to it. Plus, these seem to hold lots for the space they take up.

Wine Enthusiast has plenty of all sizes. They ship, too.

I'm hoping to do this in town if we can, although the internet is always an option.

If you don't mind warm wine, here's a nice Wine Rack.

Hmmmm. This could come in handy during those long road races...