Cherry Glen Farm

I am so excited to report that I will be working on Cherry Glen Goat Farm making cheese and helping to sell cheese at the Takoma Park Farmers Market on Sundays.

Excellent cheese, made from milk from 400+ goats on 58 acres, just 45 minutes away from DC!

Cherry Glen Goat Cheese Company

Come check us out at Takoma and other local markets, more info on the website or PM me! ;)

I am so excited to report that I will be working on Cherry Glen Goat Farm making cheese and helping to sell cheese at the Takoma Park Farmers Market on Sundays.

Cool! I'm a big fan of the Monocacy Silver and Monocacy Ash cheeses. Cherry Glen deserves some attention. Please keep us posted about any new developments.

Clayrae, if you're at the farm tomorrow, be sure to say hi. Diane is showing me around while I work on a feature on their cheeses for the Frederick News-Post. Bryan Voltaggio turned me on to their products, which really are quite outstanding.

(Frederick-area folks can buy the cheeses at My Organic Market and at the Thursday market at Shab Row.)

I got the Monocacy Ash after a tasting in the Silver Spring Whole Foods. This was a great cheese! Creamy and tart with a bit of charcoal flavor from the ash. I'm liking the ash rind cheeses now, so this was right up my alley.

Ah, that's why there wasn't any Monocacy Ash left today! They only had the Monocacy Chipotle, but I didn't have time to ask for a sample. Ended up with another ash/goat cheese whose name escapes me at the moment, but it is firmer and drier. Last week I had the FireFly Farms Buche Noir so I thought I'd try something a little different today.

So next time should I go for the Ash or the Chipotle?

Fall on the Farm

The leaves are changing and the hormones are raging!

It is breeding season and, um, love is in the air.

Five months from now there will be little kids all over the place.

But for now it’s quiet, cold, and dark.

(Not quite as dark at 7am though- YAY! turning back the clocks.)

The goats are wearing their winter coats, but the milk is still flowing,

So there will be plenty of cheese for holiday parties.

My adventure on the goat farm continues! Check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/cherryglenfarm/ for photos.

Fall on the Farm

The leaves are changing and the hormones are raging!

It is breeding season and, um, love is in the air.

Five months from now there will be little kids all over the place.

But for now it’s quiet, cold, and dark.

(Not quite as dark at 7am though- YAY! turning back the clocks.)

The goats are wearing their winter coats, but the milk is still flowing,

So there will be plenty of cheese for holiday parties.

My adventure on the goat farm continues! Check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/cherryglenfarm/ for photos.

Mmmm. Goat. <drool>