Dutch's Daughter, Frederick

We went to a wedding reception there a few years ago. The food was better than I thought it would be. It's been too long ago for me to give any specifics, though. Sorry I can't be of any more help.

My aunt wants to have a family function at Dutch's Daughter in Frederick. I've never heard of it. Before trekking all the way there--- any positive reports? Thanks everyone!

I wouldn't get excited. It's plenty big enough to accomodate a large party but I stopped going years ago after several mediocre or worse experiences while being towards the top of Frederick's highest price point. Last time I went was for someone's retirement party and the buffet food was pretty terrible. The decor is kinda wierd, too. It is, however, THE Frederick institution for special occasion restaurants. I'd expect a lot of blue hairs.

Pax,

Brian

We were meeting 3-month-old Nicholas and his two proud parents for dinner in Frederick and they wanted to go to some place decent but more casual and suggested the new bar and patio in the "dungeon" of Dutch's Daughter. As I reported earlier I had not been to Dutch's Daughter in a few years and preferred the more casual price point of a bar menu in order to limit the damages. The basement didn't serve your typical bar menu, which they actually titled "lighter fare" to help prepare you. Prices started at $10 and quickly reached the mid-twenties. I flipped through the dining room's menu, too, and most entrees inexplicably were in the $30+ range. My wife and I both chose the crab cake platter which came with a salad and starch for $23. The salad was serviceable but the crab cake was actually pretty darn good with almost all lump crab meet. My friends' steak sandwich and shrimp salad (w/ lotsa iceburg lettuce) didn't seem so impressive. Overall it was better than my last experiences at DD but the food was still appropriately a backdrop for meeting Nicholas.

Pax,

Brian

Dutch's Daughter has been a special occasion restaurant for my husband and myself and we're not blue-hairs. :P We had dinner there after we eloped and for subsequent anniversaries and birthdays. Their crabcake is fantastic! Probably my favorite. I'm not so much of a foodie that I don't enjoy their style of dining. Heck, I like some things at Cheescake Factory and Bob Evans... so sue me, I'm a Midwestern girl! Yes, they are beginning to become over-priced. What concerns me the most is their customer service... or lack thereof. The most recent time that DH and I ate @ DD, we waited for over 30 minutes for our "reservation". We were directed to the "dungeon" where we sat, unattended and feeling quite forgotten. Our meal was good, not great. They have slipped in the past few years. And what's with little kids in jeans running around the tables? DD needs to find their identity. It's a shame because they used to be dependable for a nice night out.