Thirsty Bernie (2008-2023), Sports Bar on Glebe Rd & Lee Hwy in North Arlington - Closed

Jamie Stachowski: the chef that keeps on giving, long after he's gone. :)

Thirsty Bernie is a neighborhood grill founded on quality food and drinks. In the Bavarian, small town tradition, we dedicate ourselves to crafting our own meats and breads using exceptional ingredients. Baking fresh pumpernickel, grinding angus chuck, stuffing sausages, aging charcuterie, and searching for the world's best beers are just a few of the things we do to get ready for the neighborhood's familiar faces.

It's one thing not to update your website, but Jamie left over four years ago. C'mon.

• Like 2

When I think lounge, I think hotel/bar/club with seating generally more comfortable than bar stools/booths on which one would lounge.  I just don't see Thirsty Bernie's as a lounge?

In the world of club, bar, lounge/liquor places a lounge today is sort of like a "club" was some years back, but smaller, less noisy, less garish, more seating....but its still about liquor, often about controlling access with pay to get in, possibly dress codes, possibly dj's etc.  I wouldn't expect it to be a swank high end lounge with high quality food.

But who knows exactly what the current operators mean by "lounge".  Certainly in this forum there are places that were described as restaurants, but they are really liquor joints, either, clubby, loungy, sporting barish, or whatever.  It usually doesn't take long to see that the food effort is minimal.     It appears that Thirsty Bernie's is going to make some kind of significant change.

Too bad.  At different times over the past few years it had some qualities I found attractive. Lounge!!!-->  Pfft.