Capitol Lounge, Pennsylvania Ave. and 2nd St. SE - Chef Teddy Folkman Comes From Granville Moore's

Firehook is where the bagel place used to be. What was at Sonama before it was Il Radicchio???
I think that was Le Mistral. It was also briefly another Italian restaurant, maybe between the Le Mistral and Il Radicchio periods. When it was Le Mistral or before, those steps up and to the back as you enter used to lead to the Capitol Hill Hotel (?) at the corner of C Street. They used to serve a nice breakfast in the back upstairs there (except I'm not sure who "they" was :D).

Firehook is where the bagel place used to be. What was at Sonama before it was Il Radicchio???
I think it was Cafe du Monde -- a bistro-ee place owned by a lobbyist and some Hill staffers that closed when the Congressional gift ban went into place in '95 and members/staffers could no longer enjoy nice (expensive) meals financed by lobbyists.

[Crossposting the first part of this from the "Nachos" thread]

Had the "cowboy nachos" at Capitol Lounge yesterday with a group.  Friends liked them more than I did, especially the seasoning, which seemed to involve cinnamon but also maybe cumin.  They were $9; menu description: "chili, cheddar-jack, tomatoes & fried onions with guacamole."  Multi-colored chips.

We also had sweet potato fries.  They were a little soggy when they first arrived, but as they cooled a little, they firmed up and were quite good.  Narrow, shoestring type.  Excellent horseradish dipping sauce. Loved the sauce. These were $8, and I could see myself eating way too many of them.  (I also ate more of the nachos than one might think from my description, but I was hungry!)