Butchery Classes

ftranfa

Does anyone know where one might find a butchery class to enroll in??? I looked at L'Academie and didn't see one there....Anyone? Anyone?

What type of butchery? Do you want to break down an entire cow or just learn how to break down primal cuts?

Probably just some primal cuts, but with a few more advanced cuts........

What do you mean by advanced cuts? Do you want to deal with pork, poultry, and fish also?

I think that having a custom class could be a great thing, although depending on what would be covered might need a few sessions.

What do you mean by advanced cuts? Do you want to deal with pork, poultry, and fish also?

I think that having a custom class could be a great thing, although depending on what would be covered might need a few sessions.

I guess I was thinking something that taught the basics of butchery, and maybe showed a cut something akin to Landrum's class last year....Not really sure, that's why I posted this.... :lol:

I would like to learn large cuts for beef & pork, the proper way to break down and debone fowl, etc...

I would be up for this. It's one area where I have trouble keeping up my knife skills (versus, say, cutting vegetables).

Why is this? I don't even eat vegetables, but I can brunoise or chiffonade with the best of 'em. I grill every other night, however, and I can't even cut the fat off a strip steak.

Why is this? I don't even eat vegetables, but I can brunoise or chiffonade with the best of 'em. I grill every other night, however, and I can't even cut the fat off a strip steak.
1)Do you have a good fileting knife?

2)It's much easier to trim a primal cut and then cut into steaks than it is to trim individual steaks.