Apricots

Soup

I found some appricots at TJs today. They were a special variety that I've never seen nor had before. I wish I could remember the name but they were yellow not orange. Without hyperbole, they were the best appricots I've ever had. Sweet and so juicy that each and everyone had juice running down my arms. For 6 or so, it cost $3.99. I highly recommend them. Found at TJ @ LRT and pickett.

I also had the best apricot I've ever had today. It was a black velvet apricot and had a purple skin and light yellow flesh. Super sweet and great almost creamy texture. Had never seen this variety before but I'll be going back to the store tomorrow to pick up more.

I also had the best apricot I've ever had today. It was a black velvet apricot and had a purple skin and light yellow flesh. Super sweet and great almost creamy texture. Had never seen this variety before but I'll be going back to the store tomorrow to pick up more.
Haven't been to TJ for a while, but sounds like there is a connection between the juice dripping down arms and this post.

"Plucot" didn't sound sexy enough. As an updated hybrid, the BVA may be even more plum-like in appearance and texture. Back in the day, even when apricots really had flavor without being cooked or dried, as far as I can recall, they were never particularly pneumatic.

I've been poaching the old-fashioned kind of apricots I've picked up at the market. Five minutes in simple syrup made with vanilla sugar (1 cup/part sugar to 1 cup water--heat just till sugar is dissolved) and a bit of lemon peel. Let sit till syrup cools. Remove fruit. Boil syrup to reduce. Cool. Pour over fruit and refrigerate. Breakfast stirred into yogurt w granola and raspberries.

"Plucot" didn't sound sexy enough. As an updated hybrid, the BVA may be even more plum-like in appearance and texture. Back in the day, even when apricots really had flavor without being cooked or dried, as far as I can recall, they were never particularly pneumatic.
The next bin over had pluots so this was another version of the plum-apricot hybrid I suspect. A very welcome one!

The next bin over had pluots so this was another version of the plum-apricot hybrid I suspect. A very welcome one!

There were lots of pluots at the Mt. Vernon Market today. They seem to be very popular. Unlike any plum I've ever seen.