Inexpensive Gourmet Dining

Waitman

So, a buddy of mine at the office is off to business school in Switzerland, and our copmpany of eight-to-ten wants to take him out. He's quite the foodie, and it would be nice to take him someplace excellent but which also respects the corporate bottom line. I've not been dining out much lately, so I'm wondering if there's something I'm should know of but don't. Think Tabard Inn -- although the Tabard has been immensly mediocre my last three visits -- or Cork, if Cork could seat ten people at 7PM. Proximity to Dupont Circle appreciated but not demanded. Oh, mid-priced but well-selected wine list a plus.

So, a buddy of mine at the office is off to business school in Switzerland, and our copmpany of eight-to-ten wants to take him out. He's quite the foodie, and it would be nice to take him someplace excellent but which also respects the corporate bottom line. I've not been dining out much lately, so I'm wondering if there's something I'm should know of but don't. Think Tabard Inn -- although the Tabard has been immensly mediocre my last three visits -- or Cork, if Cork could seat ten people at 7PM. Proximity to Dupont Circle appreciated but not demanded. Oh, mid-priced but well-selected wine list a plus.

Blue Duck Tavern?