Inexpensive Brunch for a Large Group... HELP.

food.fiend

My old DC roommate's college friend has sent me an email request for help finding a brunch location for the roommate's Bachelorette weekend...

And her "requests" for the restaurant are just causing me to completely blank on any possibilities... Especially as I tend to always go to the same one restaurant for brunch (Bar Pilar), b/c I am lazy and don't like to walk far in the mornings. :lol:

I've copied the message below, and hopefully someone has a suggestion or two!

Thanks so much in advance...

K

"For the brunch, the idea is to host a brunch for her friends in DC and those who are coming in for the weekend (our college roomies, some high school friends...) In our heads we are thinking roughly around 20 ppl, but need to confirm a list in the next week or so. As far as atmosphere, we are thinking casual - nothing too fancy by any means, 1 - b/c we will most likely be slightly hung over from bachlorette-ing the night before and 2 - keep the price tag in check. In my mind, ideally no more than 10-15 per person. I'd love to have something comfy, but a little quirky, just like her!"

My old DC roommate's college friend has sent me an email request for help finding a brunch location for the roommate's Bachelorette weekend...

And her "requests" for the restaurant are just causing me to completely blank on any possibilities... Especially as I tend to always go to the same one restaurant for brunch (Bar Pilar), b/c I am lazy and don't like to walk far in the mornings. :lol:

I've copied the message below, and hopefully someone has a suggestion or two!

Thanks so much in advance...

K

"For the brunch, the idea is to host a brunch for her friends in DC and those who are coming in for the weekend (our college roomies, some high school friends...) In our heads we are thinking roughly around 20 ppl, but need to confirm a list in the next week or so. As far as atmosphere, we are thinking casual - nothing too fancy by any means, 1 - b/c we will most likely be slightly hung over from bachlorette-ing the night before and 2 - keep the price tag in check. In my mind, ideally no more than 10-15 per person. I'd love to have something comfy, but a little quirky, just like her!"

You should see if Trios can rope off enough seats for your party...a fine place for eggs over easy and Cabernet Sauvignon -- so I've been told. Bistro du Coin might be able to make their upstairs available, and they do a decent job. Otherwise, I think the $10-$15 limit might be unrealistically low.

Thanks for the ideas! As well as for a a confirmation for my gut reaction that the qutoed price is almost absurdly unrealistic. Especially if drinks are included, as I am most assured that they are....

I tried the Trios suggestion... but they won't take advance reservations... They might be amenable to setting aside space the morning of, but that wouldn't be enough advance notice, I am thinking!

As for the VA suggestions, although I personally find nothing wrong about heading out there (as I used to live in Courthouse and loved it), everyone is staying in DC, and they are reluctant to travel too far, unfortunately...

And, jm chen, the Lauriol suggestion actually might be a good bet for these girls, especially as they take reservations for brunch... And, since I personally will be out of town for this adventure, I won't mind suggesting it! :lol:

Red Derby?

It's not so much a traditional Brunch (although some good brunch items), but the food is yummy, and the mimosas (and bloody marys, I think) are $2 (provided you're eating, I think $4 on their own).

I have a feeling you're not looking for brunch in a bar. But I enjoy a lazy Sunday there.