Red Mango, A Dallas Korean Frozen Yogurt Chain - Now Expanded Into The Washington, DC Area

Looks like there are still more frozen yogurt chains coming to DC. From an article in the Wash Post about the yogurt trend and Tangysweet and Mr. Yogato:

Red Mango chief executive Dan Kim said the chain is "aggressively" seeking locations in Tysons Corner, Reston, Bethesda and Georgetown and hopes to secure its first site in the next month.

Looks like there are still more frozen yogurt chains coming to DC. From an article in the Wash Post about the yogurt trend and Tangysweet and Mr. Yogato:

and they're all in the same locations...Reston, Georgetown, Dupont, Bethesda...I'd like to see one of them open one in Silver Spring.

To update this thread -- there's a Red Mango coming soon in Clarendon. It's near Baja Fresh, and they're hiring now. From their website, it looks like there's one coming to Vienna too.

Interesting about the Vienna location. Their website says that it is going to be at 431 W. Maple Avenue. It appears to have nearby competition, as I saw a sign for "Molly's Yogurt", which is going in at 521 W. Maple Ave.

The Clarendon location opened today. They're training the staff so it's a little slow. This is the first time I've been to a Red Mango - not sure if it's my imagination but the original flavor didn't seem as tart as other frozen yogurts like Tangysweet.

The Clarendon location opened today. They're training the staff so it's a little slow. This is the first time I've been to a Red Mango - not sure if it's my imagination but the original flavor didn't seem as tart as other frozen yogurts like Tangysweet.

I KNEW I should have walked up there at lunch yesterday. I just had some Red Mango while passing through DFW the other day. I sampled the tanogmonium, but it was a little sweet for my taste. I like the original flavor - will have to try it here to see how the tartness compares. (I also had Pinkberry during my travels and found the tartness to be comparable.) Definitely looking forward to having this in the 'hood by my office.

Thanks for the update, cheezepowder!

I did a direct comparison of Pinkberry and Red Mango the last time I was in NYC. I found the taste similar, but Red Mango had a more luscious mouthfeel compared to Pinkberry's more icy texture. I'll jet over to Clarendon sometime this week to see if RM is as creamy here.

Enjoyed a small cup of peach yogurt with mochi topping the other night. I am not a big tart yogurt fan, so the peach was just right for me. The mochi topping was different, but delicious. Definitely a nice, refreshing treat on a warm evening. And at only 100 calories a cup, I'm hoping to become a regular (sorry Justin and Jason, but I can't have cupcakes and chocolate quite as often).

The Original (tart) flavor is my go-to, but a close second is the new Coconut flavor, introduced in the last few days. The taste isn't overwhelming or artificial, and the tangy yogurt flavor still comes through. Quite refreshing topped with fresh mango on a hot day like today.

And Happy Anniversary to them - looks like it's been just a little over a year since the Clarendon location opened its doors.

I am head over heels for Red Mango. The more I have, the more I want. The flavors here are so pure. I agree that the coconut is a winner! My true favorite is the dark chocolate. A small cup (which is not small) is under 200 calories (they say 140 calories but I just can't believe it) and is very filling. I think that the medium size would be a whole meal for me.

The topping choices are excellent and include lots of fresh fruit, as well as some unusual choices that I've come to love like mochi, ghiradelli dark chocolate chips, and a new addition "popping boba" - little beads of mango or strawberry juice.

If you've seen their advertisements, you know that Red Mango emphasizes that they are 100% natural and use no high fructose corn syrup. In addition to the standard cups of yogurt with toppings, they also offer parfaits with granola, smoothies, and frozen hot chocolate (take that, Serendipity). I tried the frozen hot chocolate and really enjoyed it.

Also, if you join Club Mango you get points for purchases as well as a $5 credit for your birthday. My only complaint is that now that I've moved away from Clarendon I have to deal with parking in order to get my fix. Can someone please open a franchise in Falls Church? Or downtown DC? Pretty please with mochi on top.

Advertisement over. Now I'm craving yogurt...again.

I am head over heels for Red Mango. The more I have, the more I want. The flavors here are so pure. I agree that the coconut is a winner! My true favorite is the dark chocolate. A small cup (which is not small) is under 200 calories (they say 140 calories but I just can't believe it) and is very filling. I think that the medium size would be a whole meal for me.

As of right now, there are four Red Mango locations in the DC area.

post-2-0-89346800-1433523240_thumb.png