Le Creuset Bean Pot

Le Cresuet Bean Pot

I bought one of these last year during the post-wedding, must buy everything green or jade Le Creuset.

Now what do I do with it?

Thanks!

Jennifer

I think the idea behind these pots that have less diameter at the top than the bottom is that your food won't dry out (less surface area exposed). Looks like it'd make a good spitoon. :lol:

I read the two customer reviews on Amazon and they were very pleased using it for soups , stews and casseroles.

Would make a nice utensil holder for the counter. Perhaps a plant??

Make Baked Beans! (you can ignore the requirement for the 8 quart dutch oven and use your pot instead -- just make sure that the beans are submerged in sufficient liquid throught the cooking process to prevent them becoming totally dried out):

The beans can be made ahead. After cooking, cool them to room temperature and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 4 days.

Serves 4 to 6 4 ounces salt pork , trimmed of rind and cut into 1/2-inch cubes

2 ounces bacon (2 slices), cut into 1/4-inch pieces

1 medium onion , chopped fine

1/2 cup mild molasses

1 tablespoon mild molasses

1 1/2 tablespoons brown mustard

1 pound dried small white beans (about 2 1/2 cups), rinsed and picked over

table salt

1 teaspoon cider vinegar

ground black pepper

For the best results, bake the beans for five hours, leaving the cover off the pot during the final hour to thicken the sauce.

Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; heat oven to 300 degrees. Add salt pork and bacon to 8-quart Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and most fat is rendered, about 7 minutes. Add onion and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 8 minutes. Add 1/2 cup molasses, mustard, beans, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, and 9 cups water; increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Cover pot and set in oven. Bake until beans are tender, about 4 hours, stirring once after 2 hours. Remove lid and continue to bake until liquid has thickened to syrupy consistency, 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer. Remove beans from oven; stir in remaining tablespoon of molasses, vinegar, and additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve.

Edited by FunnyJohn