Tequila

sandynva

As far as I'm concerned, the single best Tequila brand on the market is Partida. I've not had better.

I think that the blanco is under $40.

I would recommend the Don Tepo blanco or reposado tequilas (I haven't had the anejo). I think both are really fantastic and blew away some more well known tequila's last weekend in a non-scientific side-by-side comparison with the Patron Anejo and Don Julio. I know I bought the blanco for under $40, but I don't remember how much the reposado was.

OK, not to sound like a snob - who am I fooling? I am a snob - but didja see the recipe for the Ultimate Margarita? It calls for equal parts AsomBroso, Gran Marnier [sic], fresh sqeezed lime, Finest Call margarita mix, sweet and sour, light beer, and one tablespoon frozen pink lemonade.

I need a drink.

OK, not to sound like a snob - who am I fooling? I am a snob - but didja see the recipe for the Ultimate Margarita? It calls for equal parts AsomBroso, Gran Marnier [sic], fresh sqeezed lime, Finest Call margarita mix, one part sweet and sour, one part light beer, and one tablespoon frozen pink lemonade.

I feel faint.

:lol: Yikes...

I don't know if this tequila is available around here or not, but I can't get over how lurid the packaging is.

Asombroso Tequila

:rolleyes:

There are just legions of off-color remarks that I could make about this, but I won't. The temptation is almost overwhelming, though.

Well, it's hit our market. Now available in D.C. and, presumably, Virginia and Maryland.

Just the tequila you need when you're looking for a quick stiff one. <_<

A new cocktail on the list at Inox: reposado tequila, lillet blanc, lime tincture, yellow chartreuse float (though it doesn't really float). Beautiful.

Home cocktailians, starting with a mix of 2/3 reposado tequila and 1/3 Lillet blanc (or 50-50 if you like Lillet as much as I do) and accenting is a very good way to start.