Haricots Verts

no haricots verts so far this summer at the dupont market. according to one farm, one planting was wiped out by deer in the dead of a single night, and a hot, dry summer is in the process of finishing off another.

Actually, Eli (Spring something Farm from W.VA) had haricots verts earlier in the summer and were charging $4 a half-pound. I was chatting with an acquaintance while she bagged some, who said "It's worth it to me." I went for the fatter "more beans for the buck" ones at New Morning that day.

Actually, Eli (Spring something Farm from W.VA) had haricots verts earlier in the summer and were charging $4 a half-pound.
I can never remember the names of any of the farms, but the one that's the first produce stall on the left as you approach from Q St. had haricots verts for a couple of weeks a few weeks ago, but they were charging $6 a half pound. I bought some even at that price and they were incredibly good (boiled briefly in lots of salted water, then tossed in a hot pan with olive oil and garlic).