Gastropub Owner/Operator/Partner needed - Landlord may invest

cityclip

I am seeking an owner/operator/partner for a gastropub concept in the Petworth neighborhood of NW DC.

I am purchasing a large four-level house in a commercial zone a few blocks north of the Georgia Avenue/Petworth Metro station. The area around the Metro is a very promising area undergoing significant development. There is a large unmet demand for a neighborhood concept with a focus on quality food and service sufficient enough to draw customers from other parts of the city. Granville Moore's is a good model.

My concept for this space is a gastropub with microbrews from the US and Europe, locally-sourced foods, small-batch spirits, house-made mixers, etc. I would also consider other, similar ideas such as wood-fired D.O.C. pizza, etc.

The property is a four storey house with approximately 3500sf of space (including a very interesting attic and basement). This space will very easily accommodate more than 100 seats with additional sidewalk seating possibilities. The house retains a lot of its character. Interior demolition is largely complete with some important architectural features left intact.

The Owner/Operator must have the following qualifications: a passion for high quality food and beverage, a passion for delivering a fantastic experience to customers, at least 5-10 years experience in all aspects of bar/restaurant management. Additionally, this person must have a high credit score (>700), must have a clean criminal history (for liquor license application), and must have or easily be able to raise a minimum of $100,000 in equity.

I would contribute the following: free rent during buildout and license applications. Additional free rent in exchange for equity. Free general contracting during the buildout. Cosigning liquor applications. I would also be willing to collateralize the property to obtain an SBA 504 loan (the only possible source of leverage for new restaurants right now). I may also be able to invest additional cash in the business.

If this is of interest to you AND you meet all of the qualifications, please be in touch.

PLEASE - QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ONLY. I have no other restaurant positions at this time.

Thanks,

Aaron Hirsch

aaron(at)aaronhirsch(dot)com - replace with an "@" and a "." where appropriate.