Hannibal (2013-), Developer Bryan Fuller's Take on Hannibal Lecter for NBC

PappyVanWise

I thought I'd start this thread to see if anyone is watching Hannibal on NBC.  The first season is available on Amazon Prime and we're two episodes into season two, Friday nights at 10 and probably OnDemand.  While watching this past week's episode, and seeing Dr. Lecter make an amazing osso bucco (albeit from a human leg) I thought how much this show was about the food and insane appetites of the title character.  When I was thinking about starting this thread, Andy Greenwald wrote a fantastic spoiler-free article on Grantland: Night of the Manhunter and the food stylist for the show has created a blog for her work: Feeding Hannibal.  Both of these, and just the pure beauty of the show, made me think it was worthy of discussion or even turning other people onto the show.  Sure it's bloody and about horrific killings, but Bryan Fuller is truly a television auteur with a unique eye and voice.

His other work is worth looking out for as well, Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls were both built around restaurants and a little bit of the supernatural.

... Bryan Fuller is truly a television auteur with a unique eye and voice.

His other work is worth looking out for as well, Pushing Daisies and Wonderfalls were both built around restaurants and a little bit of the supernatural.

Wonderfalls was built around a gift shop.

Didn't she hang out in the male lead's bar all the time? I know she worked in a Niagra Falls gift shop, but I remember her hanging out at the guy's place a lot more than being in the gift shop.  I haven't watched it since it originally aired, so my memory could be cloudy. 

Didn't she hang out in the male lead's bar all the time? I know she worked in a Niagra Falls gift shop, but I remember her hanging out at the guy's place a lot more than being in the gift shop.  I haven't watched it since it originally aired, so my memory could be cloudy. 

The main set piece was the gift shop, but like pretty much any show there were a fair number of scenes at a bar.

Just picked up for a third season, everyone take the time this summer to catch up.  It's on Amazon Prime and probably DVD at your local library.  It really is an excellent show, with some amazing cooking, as long as you're not squeamish.