Come Join the Grill-Off!

txaggie

I'm a board member and volunteer for a local non-profit called Brainfood. Brainfood uses food and cooking as tools to teach life skills and healthy living to DC high school students. The organization is in its 9th year and recently added a second location in DC's Penn Quarter. The original location is in Columbia Heights.

We need your support!

Brainfood will be holding its first annual Brainfood Grill-Off on Thursday, June 28, 2007 at the Hotel Monaco in Chinatown from 6:30-9:30pm.

How you can get involved:

Recruit a Grill-Off team and compete in the Brainfood Grill-Off ($3,000 for a team entry).

Become a sponsor (there are various levels of sponsorship which include tickets to the event, team entry in the Grill-Off, ads in the program book, your company's logo on all event signage, and other benefits).

Come enjoy the event as an individual ($75/ticket which includes dinner, open bar, and entertainment).

Each Grill-Off team (comprised of no more than 5 people plus 1 Brainfood student and 1 professional chef from a local restaurant) will receive a surprise pantry and market basket of ingredients, cooking utensils, a grill and a sauté station and will have one hour to create a culinary masterpiece. The Grill-Off will be judged by a panel of local chefs, food writers, restaurant owners, and Brainfood students.

If you're interested in sponsoring a team, becoming a corporate or individual sponsor, attending the event, or learning more about this organization, please PM me, and I will send you some additional information.

Thanks!

Binni

An update about the Grill-Off...Marc Silverstein, most recently of the Food Network and a former NBC reporter, will be our MC. GMs and/or chefs from Zola, Indigo Landing, Jaleo, Zaytinya, Cafe Atlantico, Butterfield 9 will be judging the competition and working with the Grill-Off teams.

It's not too late to become involved in Brainfood's first Grill-Off! If you'd like to form a team, become a sponsor, or attend the Grill-Off, please PM me, and I'll send you more information.

Thanks,

Binni

Hi everyone,

The Brainfood Grill-Off is tonight and we're in need of one more chef to work with our Grill-Off teams. One of our guest chefs has food poisoning and cannot attend the event.

If any chefs are available tonight (from 6:30-9:30pm, Hotel Monaco in Chinatown), please PM me.

For more information about Brainfood please visit www.brain-food.org.

Thanks!!

Binni

The 1st Annual Brainfood Grill-Off was a success! I'm proud to be a part of this organization and to have been involved in the planning of this event. I wanted to share some pictures of the ingredients that were available to our Grill-Off teams and a sample of some of the final dishes.

Available was an abundance of fresh herbs and vegetables, such as tomatoes, squash, eggplant, potatoes, and more, , a variety of meats (pork tenderloin, scallops, shrimp, flank steak), spices, dairy products, etc.

img1701cr5.jpg

img1708lx2.jpg

Shrimp and flank steak were popular protein choices among the Grill-Off teams.

img1740lp4.jpg

img1741om9.jpg

img1748oa7.jpg

img1749qs6.jpg