abramer

Hello all!

I've been holding pretty steady at my current weight for five years or so (and have a very similar body shape to all the female relatives on my maternal side). I go up a few pounds, or down a few, but no real consistent change. For the December challenge, I'm only aiming for three pounds, as the holidays are not an ideal time for me to focus on significant change. (Kudos to those of you that can!)

About six months ago, I cut soda almost completely out of my diet. I'll have one every now and again (one or two a month), but no more. I've been replacing it mostly with unsweetened or very lightly sweetened iced tea. Soda was generally my beverage of choice, so I'm a bit disappointed that after cutting this major source of calories, my weight hasn't really changed at all. I didn't really do much else, dietarily, and I'm pretty sure I haven't been eating enough extra calories to equalize the lost soda calories. So, obviously more dietary changes are needed. (No, I wasn't expecting much, but maybe a little... Especially since I was holding steady with my existing habits.)

My husband and I started taking ice skating lessons a couple of months ago, so we've added skating once or twice a week to our physical regimen. There doesn't seem to be enough time in the week to do much concentrated exercise, so that's another puzzle I'll need to work on.

Well that's my introduction, I guess. Wish me luck!

Okay, so it's a bit of a good news/bad news scenario at the end of the holidays. I didn't lose the three pounds for the challenge, nor did I stay even. I did, however, only gain one pound as of yesterday. Considering the indulgences of the holiday season, and the standard flux in my day to day weight, I won't consider this a complete loss. On to the real challenge!

January was a blur. The month consisted of the end of the holidays, my birthday, attending a destination wedding, and a family visit where restaurants were preferred over home cooking. With all of the challenges of the month, I'm happy to report that I'm down three pounds. Hopefully I'll be able to increase on my slow start during February.

As a side note... Walking in sand is hard work!

[Edited because I should read what I write before I post!]