Michel Richard's Gougeres recipe

mbalaver

Last March the Washington Post printed Michel Richard's gougeres recipe. I was surprised to see that the only cheese included is parmiggiano. When I've made them before I've used gruyere, and a lot of recipes call for gruyere. Also, the Michel Richard recipe only calls for 1/2 cup cheese to a cup of flour, which seems like less than other recipes. Just checking to see if anyone's made this, and how it came out. I'd assume that if the Post had omitted an ingredient they'd have fixed it by now, but I don't want to take a chance on wasting some good parmiggiano. Thanks!

Last March the Washington Post printed Michel Richard's gougeres recipe. I was surprised to see that the only cheese included is parmiggiano. When I've made them before I've used gruyere, and a lot of recipes call for gruyere. Also, the Michel Richard recipe only calls for 1/2 cup cheese to a cup of flour, which seems like less than other recipes. Just checking to see if anyone's made this, and how it came out. I'd assume that if the Post had omitted an ingredient they'd have fixed it by now, but I don't want to take a chance on wasting some good parmiggiano. Thanks!
I have not made those, but I have a smoked salmon gougeres recipe I was planning to try tonight that only uses Parmesan. I can tell you if that one works, but I don't know if that's too helpful :mellow:.