Looking For Restaurants/Chefs To Participate In Charity Event for Lolly's Locks

JAC13

Hi All,

After taking a couple years off, Lolly's Locks, a local nonprofit that provides high-quality wigs to cancer patients in need, is hoping to revive our Night of Food concept at this spring's gala on Thursday, May 3rd due to overwhelming demand. 

As in years past, we are hoping to assemble some of the DC area's most well-regarded chefs and restaurants to participate in our event by running stations that feature light bites of their food, or by providing such bites to be passed by our catering staff. It is our great hope that we are able to assemble 4-6 restaurants that might be able to come out and be a part of this year's festivities, which will be held at the Carnegie Institution for Science. 

The pertinent logistics for the evening include the following: 
  • Each chef is being asked to prepare 300-400 bites of food to either be served at a station run by the chef/restaurant, or to be passed by our catering staff; 
  • The event runs from 7:00 -11:00 pm on Thursday, May 3rd;
  • We will be providing cocktail napkins, plates, and silver; 
  • Each chef/restaurant with a station will have his or her own 8 ft. table and access to power; 
  • All chefs will have access to the venue prep kitchen, but no live, open-flame cooking is permitted at any of the stations
  • We ask that the stations remain up and running from 7:00 pm until at least 10:00 pm. All participating chefs/restaurants will be mentioned in all press releases surrounding the event, heavily promoted in social media postings, and will have their name/logo listed on our website and all other promotional materials surrounding the event

Thank you so much for considering! Please feel free to pass along!
Jaime

Jaime Wright
Executive Director, Lolly's Locks
lollyslocks.org
Phone: (240) 428-1984
Cell: (202) 550-8066

DC 2018 Flyer (1).pdf

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JAC13 said:

Hi All,

After taking a couple years off, Lolly's Locks, a local nonprofit that provides high-quality wigs to cancer patients in need, is hoping to revive our Night of Food concept at this spring's gala on Thursday, May 3rd due to overwhelming demand. 

As in years past, we are hoping to assemble some of the DC area's most well-regarded chefs and restaurants to participate in our event by running stations that feature light bites of their food, or by providing such bites to be passed by our catering staff. It is our great hope that we are able to assemble 4-6 restaurants that might be able to come out and be a part of this year's festivities, which will be held at the Carnegie Institution for Science. 

The pertinent logistics for the evening include the following: 
  • Each chef is being asked to prepare 300-400 bites of food to either be served at a station run by the chef/restaurant, or to be passed by our catering staff; 
  • The event runs from 7:00 -11:00 pm on Thursday, May 3rd;
  • We will be providing cocktail napkins, plates, and silver; 
  • Each chef/restaurant with a station will have his or her own 8 ft. table and access to power; 
  • All chefs will have access to the venue prep kitchen, but no live, open-flame cooking is permitted at any of the stations
  • We ask that the stations remain up and running from 7:00 pm until at least 10:00 pm. All participating chefs/restaurants will be mentioned in all press releases surrounding the event, heavily promoted in social media postings, and will have their name/logo listed on our website and all other promotional materials surrounding the event

Thank you so much for considering! Please feel free to pass along!
Jaime

Jaime Wright
Executive Director, Lolly's Locks
lollyslocks.org
Phone: (240) 428-1984
Cell: (202) 550-8066

DC 2018 Flyer (1).pdf

Hi Jaime,

I am happy to spread the word to a group I am a member of based in DC, perhaps you have heard of it. Pineappledc is a group of hospitality professionals, comprised of primarily women, but men are welcome as well, who are championing and fostering businesses as well as initiatives in the DMV and well beyond. Its is the facebook group of the Pineapple Collaborative.  May I post what you have published in this forum , as well as your contact info? let me know.

it takes a village,

kat

Kat, I would be so grateful if you shared this! Thank you so very much, and it DOES take a village! Please let me know if I can pass along any more information that would be helpful. Thanks again! Jaime 

43 minutes ago, JAC13 said:

Kat, I would be so grateful if you shared this! Thank you so very much, and it DOES take a village! Please let me know if I can pass along any more information that would be helpful. Thanks again! Jaime 

I will directly share your post to the forum, and will post your contact info. Could you also include you email contact?  You will be able to direct or follow up on any additional information you need to take care of that way you can  control any inquiries you may have.  Happy to help, and good luck!!