He'Brew, the Chosen Beer

Maybe you've seen those He'brew beers with the rabbi label (the Chosen Beer) around (Whole Foods carries them)? I generally avoid animal themed or punny booze (I'll bet Don has a weakness for the latter), but in this case, it's no joke. I just got back from a tasting of their line-up and these are some very interesting beers. They don't adhere to any style at all, instead, owner Jeremy Cowan just makes things up as he goes along. The pomegranate (!) spiked Genesis 10:10 was delicious. Clocking in at a whopping 10% abv, this heavy ale was made almost refreshing by the acidity of the pomegranate (Cowan intends this as a summer seasonal... but you serve this up at your next BBQ and you'll be watching your friends drop like flies). Next best was The Messiah, which veers towards being a Brown Ale, but is far darker and more Porter coffee-like.

Their original tagline was "Don't Pass Out. Passover".

Maybe you've seen those He'brew beers with the rabbi label (the Chosen Beer) around (Whole Foods carries them)? I generally avoid animal themed or punny booze (I'll bet Don has a weakness for the latter), but in this case, it's no joke. I just got back from a tasting of their line-up and these are some very interesting beers. They don't adhere to any style at all, instead, owner Jeremy Cowan just makes things up as he goes along. The pomegranate (!) spiked Genesis 10:10 was delicious. Clocking in at a whopping 10% abv, this heavy ale was made almost refreshing by the acidity of the pomegranate (Cowan intends this as a summer seasonal... but you serve this up at your next BBQ and you'll be watching your friends drop like flies). Next best was The Messiah, which veers towards being a Brown Ale, but is far darker and more Porter coffee-like.

Their original tagline was "Don't Pass Out. Passover".

I've welcomed the Messiah into my life. And yes, it is quite tasty! :)