Star Hollow Farm

Star Hollow Farms is starting its full farmer's market on 18th and Columbia this Saturday. While his cool Internet-based market has sustained me through the winter, I'm excited to get to start picking out my own fruit again! :(

I'm surprised there isn't any further discussion on this farm. I got a CSA sample box from them this Saturday and I am really pleased with the quality and selection. Their "debit" format for the CSA makes so much sense for the young professionals that abound in the DC area. I certainly can't commit to picking up a box every single Saturday morning, and I love that I won't need to worry about that. Are there any other happy customers out there? Dissenters? I'll likely hand over my membership check this week so let me know if there's anything I'm missing!

I'm surprised there isn't any further discussion on this farm. I got a CSA sample box from them this Saturday and I am really pleased with the quality and selection. Their "debit" format for the CSA makes so much sense for the young professionals that abound in the DC area. I certainly can't commit to picking up a box every single Saturday morning, and I love that I won't need to worry about that. Are there any other happy customers out there? Dissenters? I'll likely hand over my membership check this week so let me know if there's anything I'm missing!

Welcome lyrabella, and congratulations on making your first post! Can you say a little bit more about the "debit format" and what is involved? Also, what did you get in your box? Were there other things to choose from?