Veal & Goat (whole too!) - Painted Hand Farm

At Mount Pleasant Market

From Rebbie's News Letter

"Painted Hand Farm: humanely raised, grass-fed rose veal and goat meat. Goat shoulder roasts, leg steaks, shanks, chops, ground, veal scaloppini, 100% goat meat breakfast sausage links cased in collagen for people who don't eat pork, hot and sweet Italian veal sausage, traditional German-style Bratwurst (veal and pork). Great prices on eggs! Whole goats available for summer picnics. The goats are 13-15 pounds and are quartered. Order in advance at sandra@paintedhandfarm.com or (414) 423-5663 by Friday afternoons."

mmmm fall picnic

At Mount Pleasant Market

From Rebbie's News Letter

"Painted Hand Farm: humanely raised, grass-fed rose veal and goat meat. Goat shoulder roasts, leg steaks, shanks, chops, ground, veal scaloppini, 100% goat meat breakfast sausage links cased in collagen for people who don't eat pork, hot and sweet Italian veal sausage, traditional German-style Bratwurst (veal and pork). Great prices on eggs! Whole goats available for summer picnics. The goats are 13-15 pounds and are quartered. Order in advance at sandra@paintedhandfarm.com or (414) 423-5663 by Friday afternoons."

Jersey cow fat is ugly, deeply yellow, almost unappetizing. Don't let that stop you. The incredibly marbled t-bones that Waitman & I consumed last night reminded me of the delicious Wagyu tasting at Vidalia. This is not veal, it's full blown beef and damn it's good. I was dubious at first because I've never met a fully grass feed steak I really liked. I want a freezer full of this, the meat is intensely flavorful. I can't wait to try the tri-tip. We picked it up at Bloomingdale market yesterday. And talking to Sandy is always a joy. What a lovely person. :)

Jersey cow fat is ugly, deeply yellow, almost unappetizing. Don't let that stop you. The incredibly marbled t-bones that Waitman & I consumed last night reminded me of the delicious Wagyu tasting at Vidalia. This is not veal, it's full blown beef and damn it's good. I was dubious at first because I've never met a fully grass feed steak I really liked. I want a freezer full of this, the meat is intensely flavorful. I can't wait to try the tri-tip. We picked it up at Bloomingdale market yesterday. And talking to Sandy is always a joy. What a lovely person. :)

Yep. It is true. I bought a rib eye from Sandy and it had the weirdest yellow fat and was the most tender beef I have every tasted. (Full disclosure: I run the market but it it is still true). Finished on alfalfa -- not grain. Sandy is kown for her pastured rose veal and naturally browsed goat but she has been wanting to raise a couple of Jersey bull calves to full maturity only on grass for some time now and I can say that this experiment was a success. She will have this beef for a few more weeks.

Robin