Cooking bootcamp

Drew

Next month, the D.C. cooking school CulinAerie is running a two day advanced cooking class for people looking to significantly improve their cooking skills. Now, CulinAerie runs cooking classes all the time that aren't advertised here, but I bring this class up because I will be attending the class to write about the experience for D.C. Foodies. So we're trying to get the word out about the July 25 and 26 class to help ensure a good turnout. A preview post ran on our Web site today, www.dcfoodies.com, and additional information is available on CulinAerie's Web site, www.culinaerie.com.

Drew

Next month, the D.C. cooking school CulinAerie is running a two day advanced cooking class for people looking to significantly improve their cooking skills. Now, CulinAerie runs cooking classes all the time that aren't advertised here, but I bring this class up because I will be attending the class to write about the experience for D.C. Foodies. So we're trying to get the word out about the July 25 and 26 class to help ensure a good turnout. A preview post ran on our Web site today, www.dcfoodies.com, and additional information is available on CulinAerie's Web site, www.culinaerie.com.

Drew

I have not taken any classes at the CulinAerie, as a matter of fact, for full disclosure I have not spoken to or contacted either one of them for a long time, but years ago I have learned to cook from Susan Holt and Susan Watterson. Please note: I am listing them in alphabetical order, as both of them played big roles in my becoming a fairly decent cook. Being in the kitchen with Susans is an amazing experience. All you have to do is ask questions and listen to their thoughtful and informed responses.

I envy your good fortune, Drew, to assist Susans when they teach. Not only they are knowledgeable and professional, their passion for good food perfectly prepared no matter how simple or complicated the technique, is contagious: you start cooking and eating better just because you've been around those two. I would have gladly signed up for this class had I not already confirmed my travel plans for most of July. I hope I am not braking any DR rules, but, like Drew, whom to my knowledge I've never met, I am suggesting you look into possibility of studying with Susans. Skipper