Simon N Cellars Tasting at Cork & Fork

JMac

Cork & Fork DC tasting, 1522 14th Street NW, corner of 14th and Church, next to the Home Made Pizza Company, this Saturday June 12, 2010 3:00PM –7:00PM

I will be tasting these wines at Cork & Fork DC this Saturday.

Jean Vullien & Fils Vin de Savoie Chignin-Bergeron - 100% Roussanne from the Savoie region in the Alpine foothills, this is a pretty versatile food wine. It pairs well with rich seafood dishes such as grilled lobster or clam chowder. Also goes well with pork and poultry.

Domaine Georges Vernay Rosé – 100% Syrah from the Northern Rhône, another versatile food wine that can be paired with cheese dishes, poultry, seafood and even Chinese, Thai and Indian food as long as the spices are not turned up too hot. Can also go with strawberries and cream at dessert.

La Bastide Saint Dominique – Beaumes de Venise dessert wine – lightly fortified Muscat from the Southern Rhône, sweet but not cloying, this wine often pleasantly surprises people who feel that dessert wines are too sweet and unsophisticated. Serve slightly chilled. This wine is great for a cheese course or lighter desserts.

Southern Rhône red added to the tasting:

La Bastide Saint Dominique Côtes Du Rhône red ’07 – 80% Grenache, 20% Syrah, some of the the last bottles from a great vintage, medium bodied, berries and black pepper on the nose, red berries on the palate, mild tannins. Another versatile food wine. Great for red meat on the grill, pasta with red sauce and even pizza.

Cheers!

Hi all, I will be doing a tasting at Cork & Fork Logan Circle 1524 14th Street NW next to Homemade Pizza (between Church St. & Q St.) this Saturday. Come meet me and owner Anna Landragin as I pour:

Domaine Georges Vernay Rosé - 100% Syrah from the northern Rhône, this is the last of our rosés for this season, our rosés won't be back until next Spring

Domaine Jean Vullien Vin de Savoie Chignin-Bergeron- 100% Rousanne from the under appreciated Savoie region

Domaine Bastide St. Dominique Côtes du Rhône red '07 - 80% Grenache/20% Syrah - excellent medium bodied red

Domaine Bastide St. Dominique Beaumes de Venise - dessert wine - this is the dessert wine for people who don't like dessert wine 100% muscat, sweet but not cloying

Cheers!