Compare Food Market

I stopped by this new food store (part of a larger chain) yesterday. Very impressed with the layout, selection and prices. While not a destination, the store has everything from live fish to vegtables and produce not found in any other local stores. The store is truely international, not total asian or latin (though I think latin might have an edge on the others). Staff helpful, very clean store and there was a prepared food area (we bought a couple of tamalas which were ""OK"). AMerican foods were well represented (my daughter got a box of Captain Crunch). Very good selection of beans. Meat department had frog legs, pork, lamb, buffalo and the usual cuts. I am not doing the store justice, but I will be back for more.

I stopped by this new food store (part of a larger chain) yesterday. Very impressed with the layout, selection and prices. While not a destination, the store has everything from live fish to vegtables and produce not found in any other local stores. The store is truely international, not total asian or latin (though I think latin might have an edge on the others). Staff helpful, very clean store and there was a prepared food area (we bought a couple of tamalas which were ""OK"). AMerican foods were well represented (my daughter got a box of Captain Crunch). Very good selection of beans. Meat department had frog legs, pork, lamb, buffalo and the usual cuts. I am not doing the store justice, but I will be back for more.

Alas, it is now closed and out of business. This location has failed to sustain 2 internationally oriented supermarkets now, and if my daughter's nearby elementary school is any indicator, the population in this part of Reston is very international. Could it just be that the Tall Oaks Plaza is too darned out of the way?