Looking to Rent a Commercial Kitchen

Shaw Girl

Hello!

My business partner and I are looking looking for a commercial kitchen we can rent for about 15 hours per week (mostly in the evenings or anytime on Friday) for our start up baking business. Our hope is to sell at farmers markets and online but we're having a lot of difficulty finding a commercial kitchen space. Just when we thought we found a perfect solution in a local church's kitchen, DCRA informed us we had to use a kitchen whose certificate of occupancy specifically says commercial kitchen. Well that negates any church, school or community center (which, mind you, a LOT of people suggested we try). To say this is frustrating is an understatement, as we've been looking for an affordable kitchen in the DC area for almost a year. If anyone knows of a space, please, please, please share that information with me. You'll be rewarded with tasty treats!

Thanks so much!

Hello!

My business partner and I are looking looking for a commercial kitchen we can rent for about 15 hours per week (mostly in the evenings or anytime on Friday) for our start up baking business. Our hope is to sell at farmers markets and online but we're having a lot of difficulty finding a commercial kitchen space. Just when we thought we found a perfect solution in a local church's kitchen, DCRA informed us we had to use a kitchen whose certificate of occupancy specifically says commercial kitchen. Well that negates any church, school or community center (which, mind you, a LOT of people suggested we try). To say this is frustrating is an understatement, as we've been looking for an affordable kitchen in the DC area for almost a year. If anyone knows of a space, please, please, please share that information with me. You'll be rewarded with tasty treats!

Thanks so much!

Have you checked out Open Kitchen? I have not used it, nor do I know anyone who used it, but you may find it a fit. Good luck.

Have you checked out Open Kitchen? I have not used it, nor do I know anyone who used it, but you may find it a fit. Good luck.

Yeah we did. Unfortunately after all of their fees and deposits and their hourly rates, it's too expensive for a small start up to afford. We're trying to do this with our own money and without investors. I know Open Kitchen is trying to fill a niche but it's not an affordable one.