Kim Teri, Fitness Instructor, Bethesda

I began taking spinning classes with Kim Teri eleven years ago. She currently teaches at Equinox in Bethesda. Because of the high intensity of her spin classes, Kim turned me into a competitive cyclist and I'm now able to ride with DC Velo. These are as tough as any spinning classes you'll find in the DC area, and my pulse regularly gets over 170 and stays there for an extended period. Needless to say, these classes aren't for beginners although you can sit in the back and do them at your own pace - and many do, including Don. smile.gif

I've recently started working with Kim taking TRX suspension training (using bands and cords) at Iron Fitness in Bethesda where no membership is required. With TRX, you work with your own body weight instead of with barbells or machines - it was designed for marines who don't always have the luxury of equipment where they may be stationed. TRX looks like this.

Kim has been named Best Personal Trainer in Bethesda. Both she and her husband Robert (a competitive cyclist) teach classes, and their website can be found here.

Kavita Singh