Meet Michael Ruhlman, Roland Mesnier and Lisa Yokelson among others

Skipper10

Ruhlman, Mesnier and Yokelson will be signing books and answering questions at the Annual National Press Club Book fair.

The event is open to public. It is $5 to get in, this is a fundraiser, so they don't allow books from the outside. Jim Lehrer is the chairman this year. This event gets very crowded, it is better to get in early. If you plan to dine at The Fourth Estate (open to the public restaurant) you should make reservations. I think you get free parking with that if you park at the designated garage, but you need to check that out when you make the reservations. (If you plan to get in early, pm me, I'll buy you a drink at the members only bar,The Reliable Source.)

Here is the club announcement:

National Press Club 34th Annual Book Fair & Authors' Night

November 15, 2011 5:30 PM

Join more than 90 nationally known writers autographing and selling their books at the Club’s 34th annual Book Fair & Authors' Night from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2011. The evening will combine a night of literary fun with a fundraiser that helps make possible cutting-edge journalism training at the Eric Friedheim National Journalism Library, college scholarships and awards for excellence in journalism.

The National Press Club 529 14th St. NW, 13th Floor - Washington, DC 20045 202-662-7500 (1.5 blocks from the MetroCenter)The list of all 90 books, (all were published in 2011).

http://press.org/library/book-fair/authors-and-books

Here is the list of food related books:

Gesine Bullock-Prado Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes and Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar Food

Stephanie Izard Girl in the Kitchen: How a Top Chef Cooks, Thinks, Shops, Eats and Drinks

Katherine Kallinis & Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne The Cupcake Diaries: Recipes and Memories from the Sisters of Georgetown Cupcake

Roland Mesnier A Sweet World of White House Desserts: From Blown Sugar Baskets to Gingerbread Houses, a Pastry Chef Remembers

Michael Ruhlman Ruhlman's Twenty

Lauren Shockey Four Kitchens: My Life Behind the Burner in New York, Hanoi, Tel Aviv, and Paris

Ellen Sweets Stirring It Up with Molly Ivins: A Memoir with Recipes

Lorraine Wallace Mr. Sunday's Soups

Lisa Yockelson Baking Style: Art, Craft, Recipes