Where to Buy Good Seafood in Philly

marigoldsandy

Recently moved from DC to Philadelphia and struggling to find a quality fish market. Recently I've been quite disappointed with the quality of fish at WFM, lots of dry, limp, gray bits of fish in their cases. And they're still charging $20 a pound. In the DC area I adored the seafood at River Falls Market and BlackSalt. Does anyone know of a good spot in Philly to get fresh seafood: whole fish, fillets, shellfish, etc..

I did a bit of searching on Chowhound but most posts were to the Reading Terminal Market vendors whose stands were rather smelly and not much to look at. I want fish that sings!

Thanks very much.

Recently moved from DC to Philadelphia and struggling to find a quality fish market. Recently I've been quite disappointed with the quality of fish at WFM, lots of dry, limp, gray bits of fish in their cases. And they're still charging $20 a pound. In the DC area I adored the seafood at River Falls Market and BlackSalt. Does anyone know of a good spot in Philly to get fresh seafood: whole fish, fillets, shellfish, etc..

I did a bit of searching on Chowhound but most posts were to the Reading Terminal Market vendors whose stands were rather smelly and not much to look at. I want fish that sings!

Thanks very much.

There are a few seafood places in the Italian Market. Hopefully they will have something you like.

Thanks,

Kevin