Dining companions at Corduroy on August 18 or 19?

Alex

Greetings, all. Crackers recommended DonRockwell.com to me after I posted a question on another online site inquiring about current recommendations for Corduroy. I get to DC once or twice a year and usually stay with my cousins, also food and wine enthusiasts. I'll be in town next week from the 17th to the 21st for the American Psychological Association convention. I'm already booked for dinner with my cousins on the 17th at Dino (glad there's a thread here) and lunch with a publisher's rep on the 18th at Ten Penh.

Dinner on the 18th is set aside for Corduroy. Between this and the other site's threads, I have a pretty good idea of what's current, but further recommendations are always welcome. I'll probably get there not long after 4, grab a seat in the bar area, veg out for a while, then start eating around 5-5:30. I'm planning to be back at the Convention Center for a 7:00 presentation, although I'm easily led astray. Would anyone like to join me for all or part of that time?

I also have lunch breaks on the the 19th from 1 to 3 and on the 20th from 11 to 2. On Friday I'd prefer to be within walking distance of the Convention Center (Corduroy? Cafe Atlantico?) but on Saturday I'd go wherever public transportation or my feet can take me in a half-hour or less.

Thanks, and happy to be here.

Dinner on the 18th is set aside for Corduroy. Between this and the other site's threads, I have a pretty good idea of what's current, but further recommendations are always welcome. I'll probably get there not long after 4, grab a seat in the bar area, veg out for a while, then start eating around 5-5:30. I'm planning to be back at the Convention Center for a 7:00 presentation, although I'm easily led astray. Would anyone like to join me for all or part of that time?

Alex, I'd love to meet you but it may take some finagling - Scott will be out of town next week and I will have to find a babysitter. Let me see what I can do.