Craisins

Craisins are not Cranberries. (seriously, they are not... dried cranberries are not the same as craisins and craisins shouldn't be on a $12 salad in my opinion, especially when the menu says cranberries)
Craisins are dried cranberries with sugar. Cranberries, dried or otherwise, without sugar, are practically inedible and good for gout or urinary tract infections.

Craisins are dried cranberries with sugar. Cranberries, dried or otherwise, without sugar, are practically inedible and good for gout or urinary tract infections.
I like them in oatmeal. Which I microwave. Put the craisins in with the raw oats and the water, and nuke until oatmeal done (5 minutes for non-instant rolled oats). Or you could cook in the Zojirushi if you are making Irish oatmeal. At any rate, craisins give just the perfect amount of sweetness, and are much more interesting than raisins in anything that calls for raisins. Say, trail mix, or granola (don't cook along with the toasting oats, they burn, but so do raisins).

I like craisins in salad if it's one of those raspberry vinaigrette, baby greens, blue cheese, pecan affairs with lots of bitter greens. This may well be a chick thing.

I also like cranberry juice. Astringent, even bitter flavors appeal to me. I am NOT a supertaster.