Deer Park Spring Water

DonRocks

I've used a Deer Park cooler for years, and I'm delighted with their delivery service (and I think the water is just fine).

I recently got my statement (which reminds me, I should switch to paperless), and it said on the envelope: "Did you know our 3 and 5 gallon bottles are refilled on average 35 times before being recycled? Thank you for helping the environment!"

The 1.5 liter bottles are very convenient for me, and in the past I've tried to refill them several times before recycling them, but now I'm thinking of just getting one permanent bottle and doing away with them altogether.

Yes, I know, there's always tap water, but that comes with its own set of environmental problems.

This skims the surface of the whole paper-versus-plastic, taking-home-leftovers-in-a-styrofoam-container-rather-than-throwing-food-away conundrum.

(I'm also proud to say that 100% of the refuse I put out curbside yesterday was recycled, i.e., zero trash. Of course I eat out all the time which consumes gasoline, generates restaurant waste, etc. It's a complex subject.)

Cheers,

Rocks.

I've used a Deer Park cooler for years, and I'm delighted with their delivery service (and I think the water is just fine).

I recently got my statement (which reminds me, I should switch to paperless), and it said on the envelope: "Did you know our 3 and 5 gallon bottles are refilled on average 35 times before being recycled? Thank you for helping the environment!"

The 1.5 liter bottles are very convenient for me, and in the past I've tried to refill them several times before recycling them, but now I'm thinking of just getting one permanent bottle and doing away with them altogether.

Yes, I know, there's always tap water, but that comes with its own set of environmental problems.

This skims the surface of the whole paper-versus-plastic, taking-home-leftovers-in-a-styrofoam-container-rather-than-throwing-food-away conundrum.

(I'm also proud to say that 100% of the refuse I put out curbside yesterday was recycled, i.e., zero trash. Of course I eat out all the time which consumes gasoline, generates restaurant waste, etc. It's a complex subject.)

Cheers,

Rocks.

My water routine is truly odd. I buy two one gallon jugs of Deer Park or Poland Springs water each week and use them to fill the six or seven little Volvic bottles that I keep in the fridge. they are are easy to handle, especially when the lights are off. I recycle the gallon jugs each week and occasionally replace the Volvic bottles when they start to taste like plastic. Then they get recycled. How strange is that?