Blueberry Schnapps

Merry Mary

Does anyone know where I can buy blueberry flavoring for a drink? DeKuyper makes a blueberry flavor, so I will hit a couple of VA liquor stores tonight, but I was wondering if anyone has a go-to for flavorings/extracts of the fruity variety. Monin makes a syrup, are those sold at stores? I have a jug of Wegmans blueberry juice, but I don't know if it will taste good and I thought I should explore my options. I need to buy local, need the drink for this Friday night.

Does anyone know where I can buy blueberry flavoring for a drink? DeKuyper makes a blueberry flavor, so I will hit a couple of VA liquor stores tonight, but I was wondering if anyone has a go-to for flavorings/extracts of the fruity variety. Monin makes a syrup, are those sold at stores? I have a jug of Wegmans blueberry juice, but I don't know if it will taste good and I thought I should explore my options. I need to buy local, need the drink for this Friday night.

I just bought a bottle of blueberry syrup at Ikea the other day. The ingredients are sugar, blueberry juice, water, citric acid. German Gourmet in Bailey's crossroads has a good selection of fruit syrups but I don't recall blueberry.

What are you trying to make? I can't imagine that DeKuyper is better than anything that would take 30 minutes for you to make with fresh blueberries and other locally available ingredients.

What are you trying to make? I can't imagine that DeKuyper is better than anything that would take 30 minutes for you to make with fresh blueberries and other locally available ingredients.

True dat. A shooter for a birthday party for about 100 people.

I would have bought blueberry vodka and made a lemon simple syrup, but someone already bought plain vodka so I am trying to work with that. I have a thing for lemons, so I always planned on making the lemon element fresh, it never occurred to me to do that with blueberries.

Goals: not too much alcohol, therefore using vodka + non alcoholic ingredients, tasty, and festive. If it were a smaller group, I would use homemade limoncello and (now) some homemade blueberry thing.

I would have bought blueberry vodka and made a lemon simple syrup, but someone already bought plain vodka so I am trying to work with that. I have a thing for lemons, so I always planned on making the lemon element fresh, it never occurred to me to do that with blueberries.

If you can get the vodka a few days ahead of time, infuse it with the peels of 3 lemons. That will get you some of the fresh lemon flavor you're looking for. And blueberry and lemon scream for a hint of mint to me. Maybe a smacked mint leaf garnish?

Cheers!

Thanks for all the suggestions. One day blueberry extract will be readily available, I'm sure. McCormick better get on it.

Consider posting a pic of the "spirited sculpture" you create this week.

(which will allow me to covet)

(and perhaps get me closer)

(to all seven deadly sins in one evening)