Kathryn Morgan - Master Sommelier

dmwine

The Court of Master Sommeliers does not have this on its website yet, but I received a press release announcing that Kathy Morgan of Citronelle attained the title of Master Sommelier yesterday in Dallas. Kudos to Kathy, who has been working for this title for several years. This is no trivial achievement. Yay Kathy!

The Court of Master Sommeliers does not have this on its website yet, but I received a press release announcing that Kathy Morgan of Citronelle attained the title of Master Sommelier yesterday in Dallas. Kudos to Kathy, who has been working for this title for several years. This is no trivial achievement. Yay Kathy!

This is great news. A big congratulations to Kathy. I know she worked long and hard on the certification. I also believe this makes her the only MS working in a restaurant in DC.

This is great news. A big congratulations to Kathy. I know she worked long and hard on the certification. I also believe this makes her the only MS working in a restaurant in DC.

Not only is she the only MS in DC, but this makes her just the 19th female MS in the United States. Bravo to Kathy, who has been a great friend and mentor (along with some guy who I've quoted above, of course :( ) Kudos also to Andy for passing the Service component of the MS exam on his first try! He, Kathy, John and Jarad have been such great friends/teachers to the rest of us in the DC wine community, and we owe them much love (or much gin, whichever comes first).

wow. you go girl! she's the only one who made it out of 48 who took the exam. and she joins the ranks of a highly distinguished, small group around the world, and a teeny tiny group of women within the larger group. I certainly hopes this means that Citronelle will give her a raise.