Salumi

weinoo

Who has the best selection of cured meats around? Maybe some cheese, olives and great bread (okay, now I'm getting carried away) too. Would like to see salumi from places like Fra' Mani, Salumeria Biellese and the like. Is there anything like DiPalo's?

By around, I mean without driving an hour or two each way - but I guess 30 minutes wouldn't be too bad.

Who has the best selection of cured meats around? Maybe some cheese, olives and great bread (okay, now I'm getting carried away) too. Would like to see salumi from places like Fra' Mani, Salumeria Biellese and the like. Is there anything like DiPalo's?

By around, I mean without driving an hour or two each way - but I guess 30 minutes wouldn't be too bad.

Dean and Deluca seemed much diminished when I was in about a month ago. Balducci's on Old Georgetown Rd. has Fra'Mani and a fairly good selection of other cured meats. Arrowine in Arlington has fewer to choose from, but they are carefully selected--and their cheese dept. is awesome. Cornucopia on Norfolk Ave. in Bethesda has a small but well-chosen selection of Italian salumi, plus he's got one of those cool, hand-cranked prosciutto slicing machines.