Epicurious.com

legant

Has anyone else been plagued by annoying roving ads on epicurious.com of late? I did a search yesterday and the "take a survey" ad appeared. On. Every. Single. Page. The ad seemed to be sponsored by Epicurious. Is there a way to stop them? (Pop-ups are "off.") Taking the survey didn't do it.

I finally gave up and sent an e-mail to the site, complaining about the nasty thing.

What about the roll-over ads. Usually the ad is in the right margin so moving between the scroll bar and the search box seems to set it off. I remember one site that had audio. Not only did you get the ad; you also got audio to interrupt browsing.

ETA: It seems to have been an anomaly. It's not happening today. At least not yet.

Has anyone else been plagued by annoying roving ads on epicurious.com of late? I did a search yesterday and the "take a survey" ad appeared. On. Every. Single. Page. The ad seemed to be sponsored by Epicurious. Is there a way to stop them? (Pop-ups are "off.") Taking the survey didn't do it.

I finally gave up and sent an e-mail to the site, complaining about the nasty thing.

What about the roll-over ads. Usually the ad is in the right margin so moving between the scroll bar and the search box seems to set it off. I remember one site that had audio. Not only did you get the ad; you also got audio to interrupt browsing.

ETA: It seems to have been an anomaly. It's not happening today. At least not yet.

The Firefox browser from Mozilla is my current favorite. It has a nifty add-on called AdBlock that blocks all advertising on webpages. That, plus the pop-up blocker do most of them for me. Try it.

epicurious gives you access to a lot of great recipes, but the fucking minefields of fucking ads all over the fucking place is so fucking annoying I say they should fucking go fuck them fucking selves.

That's exactly what I said in my e-mail to them!